Faith In Action
Faith in Action!
St. Mark students learn to live a "Faith-filled" life not only through daily religion classes and celebrating a weekly Mass, but also through every day "Actions." St. Mark students are instilled with the desire to help others through Christ from an early age. Each grade or teacher leads the students in class activities derived from Biblical passages. These projects include:
- Ministering to the sick and imprisoned by creating cards and holiday gift bags
- Providing lunches to parolees in halfway houses, collecting winter coat and blanket drives
- Providing complete Thanksgiving dinners to needy families
- Donating Christmas toys to families in need
- Preparing Valentine packages for juvenile detention centers
- Participating in the liturgy for school Mass.
The St. Mark student body collectively participates in numerous Faith in Action projects including creating cards for patients at St. Jude during Catholic Schools Week. Also, as a Lenten service project, students earn money to feed school children in Third World schools through the Mary's Meals program.
St. Mark students love helping others and look forward to each opportunity to emulate Christ through these numerous projects.